Coffee

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sheep in the Desert

One of our hobbies is to film wildlife here in the Southwest.  One of my favorite animals is the Desert Bighorn Sheep.  I was not sure if I would ever see them in the wild, but on our first trip to the Grand Canyon I was very lucky as walking on the South Rim trail near El Tovar a smalll herd of sheep came up from the Canyon onto the trail.  I followed them for a while taking pictures before they headed down a steep trail back into the canyon.







Pretty exciting, but no Rams.  The next year we learned of a trip provided by Game and Fish that followed sheep on the Colorado River.







It was a great time and finally got my Ram.  Neat animals, hope to see them again one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)



Life is a gift...always be grateful for everday life!!!